1. ADVANCE RESERVATIONS
All reservations for The Blue Train open on 1 January each year for the following year.
2. RESERVATION CONFIRMATION
A reference number shall be furnished upon making a provisional reservation. Clients are requested to supply this reference number for any enquiries related to their reservation.
A provisional reservation only becomes guaranteed once payment has been received. In order to avoid cancellation penalties, all unused suites have to be cancelled in writing.
3. RESERVATIONS HELD ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS
- Provisional reservations made outside of 6 months of travel, can only be held for 21 days.
- Provisional reservations made within 6 months of travel, can only be held for 14 days.
- Provisional reservations made within 3 months of travel, can only be held for 7 days.
- Provisional reservations made within 2 months of travel, can only be held for 48 hours.
- Provisional reservations made within 48 hours before travel, need to be confirmed and paid for upon confirmation.
Groups – 5 suites or more
- Provisional reservations made outside 6 months of travel can only be held for 21 days.
- Provisional reservations made within 3-6 months of travel can only be held for 14 days.
- Provisional reservations made within 2 months of travel can only be held for 48 hours.
- Reservations made within 48 hours before travel, need to be confirmed and paid for in full upon confirmation.
4 PAYMENT TERMS
- Reservations made outside 6 months of travel, a 15% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is payable upon confirmation and balance is due 60 days prior to departure
- Reservations made within 3-6 months of travel, a 15% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is payable upon confirmation and balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Reservations made within 60 days of travel, payment is due within 48 hours upon confirmation.
- Please note that this deposit includes a non-refundable 5% admin booking fee for Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd
Group Reservations – 5 suites or more
- Reservations made outside 6 months of travel, a 30% non-refundable, non-transferral deposit upon confirmation, 3 months prior to travel a further 30% deposit and balance is due 60 days prior to travel.
- A reservation made within 3-6 months of travel, a 55% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit upon confirmation and balance is due 60 days prior to travel.
- Reservations made within 60 days of travel, full payment is required within 48 hours upon confirmation.
- Please note that this deposit includes a non-refundable 5% admin booking fee for Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd.
Charters reserved outside 6 months, deposits are as follows:
- 6 Months prior to departure, a 55% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is due.
- The balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
Charters reserved within 6 months of travel:
- 30 days after receiving the final quote, client to advise acceptance and confirm with a 55% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit.
- The balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
Charters reserved within 2 months of travel
• Full payment is due immediately upon confirmation of Charter.
Please note that all deposit’s for Charters include a non-refundable 5% admin booking fee for Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd
5 CANCELLATION POLICY
• Cancellation received more than 60 days prior to departure date are subject to a cancellation fee of 15% of the ticket price per individual booking or 30% for group bookings.
• Cancellations received less than 60 days before departure date are subject to a cancellation fee of 85% of the ticket price per guest.
• Once a ticket is purchased, a reservation may be changed for an earlier or later date without a cancellation penalty being imposed. However should there be a rate difference, the amount outstanding will be applicable and the client would be requested to pay the difference. Should the rate difference be in favour of the guest no money will be refunded and the guest will be informed accordingly.
• If an amendment, cancellation or no show is caused by an illness and verified by a registered Doctor’s letter The Blue Train will consider waiving all or part of the cancellation fee according to the merits of each case with a maximum refund amount of 92,5% of actual money received.
• Non-compliance with these booking conditions will automatically cancel a provisional reservation without further notice.
6 METHOD OF PAYMENT
- The following method of payment is accepted by Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd
- EFT Electronic fund transfer
- The client must ensure that the payment is received by the due date.
- All electronic transfer payments must be paid to the bank account of Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd which will be provided on Invoice.
- Once the payment has been made, a copy of the deposit slip or proof must be faxed to 086 710 2706 or emailed to email@example.com in order to secure reservation.
Travels At Leisure (PTY) Ltd and The Blue Train shall not be held responsible for damage to, or loss or theft of personal luggage and belongings, nor can we be held liable for personal injury, accident, illness or death.
The Blue Train will only be held responsible if the guests can prove that the damage, loss, theft, injury, accident, illness or death was due to the fault of The Blue Train employees or Agents acting on The Blue Train’s behalf.
Guests will be afforded a period of 3 years (from date of incident) within which to institute a claim against The Blue Train for any damage, loss, theft, injury, accident or death suffered while on board The Blue Train. The Blue Train, will then based on the information received, conduct their own internal investigation and should the findings reveal negligence on the part of The Blue Train employees or agents acting on its behalf, compensation will be paid to the guest. If the negligence is on the part of the guest then no compensation will be paid.
Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd and The Blue Train shall not be held responsible, when circumstances beyond its control lead to an interruption, earlier termination, or cancellation of any particular trip. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to instances of vis major/force majeure and/or casus fortuitus (natural causes such as floods and other natural disasters, fortuitous and unforeseen events, etc).
Travels At Leisure (PTY) Ltd and The Blue Train strongly urge all clients to adequately cover for any eventualities with their insurance agent. We recommend that clients purchase “trip cancellation” insurance to cover themselves in the unlikely event of a late cancellation or loss.
A provisional reservation only becomes guaranteed once payment has been received.
All unused suites have to be released in writing, in order to avoid cancellation penalties.
We highly recommend that guests take out travel insurance.
The personal information supplied to Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd and The Blue Train, is protected in terms of the South African Electronic Communications and Transaction Act. Any personal information provided, will be kept strictly confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than the acceptance of bookings, issuing of tickets and confirmation of payment, i.e. the transaction(s) required for your journey.
9 TRAVEL CONDITIONS
The Blue Train undertakes to use its best effort to convey the guests and his/her luggage in accordance with The Blue Train timetable as amended from time to time.
Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd and The Blue Train shall not however, be liable for any consequential damages whatsoever, or specifically be under obligation to ensure that the guest make any connection or deadline.
In case of delay the guest is nevertheless requested to communicate his personal requirements to The Train Manager in order to enable The Blue Train to render such assistance as may be available in the sole discretion of The Blue Train in this regard.
In the event that The Blue Train service is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, a representative from The Blue Train shall inform Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd and the guests timeously of such a delay.
In the event that The Blue Train fails to provide a train trip on a specified agreed upon date and time The Blue Train shall:
- Refund to the guest the amount paid to The Blue Train in respect of that reservation;
- Compensate the guests for costs directly incidental to The Blue Train’s breach of contract on submission of proof of such by the guest;
- The Blue Train may also arrange to supply the guest with similar services of the same quality, class or nature on another date.
The guests shall comply with all government travel requirements and be in possession of a valid passport and visa as and when required.
10 CHILD POLICY
Children 5 years and younger sharing a suite with their parents travel free of charge (maximum of two children per suite). Due to space constraints, The Blue Train will not be able to accommodate any additional bed and/or mattress or a cot in the suite to accommodate the infant/children. Children will have to share the bed/beds with their parents/guardians. Should this pose a problem, we recommend that guests book an additional suite (children’s rate applies). Children between ages 6 and 11 pay 50% of the adult rate, in a separate suite. Children 12 years and older pay the full adult rate per person sharing and will be accommodated in a separate suite.
The Blue Train, unfortunately do not have special meals available for children and/or infants on the train.
Children should be kept under strict adult supervision of either their parents/guardians and should not inconvenience other guests.
Children are not allowed in The Club Car as this is a smoker’s area and is hazardous to their health. The Blue Train reserves the right to request guests to refrain from using public areas due to failure to adhere to this policy.
11 DANGEROUS GOODS
For safety reasons no guest is allowed to bring dangerous goods such as firearms, flammable substances, fireworks, poisonous or toxic substance on board The Blue Train unless special arrangements have been made prior to departure and written permission of such arrangements has been given by The Blue Train management to the guest.
No pets allowed.
It is advisable to pack an overnight bag for the journey, as only a limited amount of luggage can be stored in the suite. Butlers will store additional luggage in the luggage car.
Although great care will be taken, it is recommended that luggage be insured and securely locked.
The guests should at all times have their valuables securely locked away/packaged or within easy reach.
14 LEGAL CAPACITY
Guests: The guest’s warrant that they have the authority and legal right to execute, deliver and perform the obligations imposed on it in terms of this transaction and, that any obligations arising from this transaction are valid and binding on the guest.
15 PURCHASE OF ON-BOARD BOUTIQUE ITEMS
The Blue Train Boutique on board the train
The Blue Train utilizes the services of a jeweler on board the train. The service hours are highlighted in the welcome letter in the guests’ suite upon boarding. Due to space constraints in the suite, guests are kindly requested to make an appointment with the sales person once on board. The Blue Train boutique sells unique jewellery pieces specially designed for The Blue Train by a world- renowned jeweler as well as Blue Train branded memento items.
The Blue Train branded memento items:
Upon purchase of any Blue Train memento item, any claims from guests are only permissible whilst they are on board and for the duration of their trip. Where a guest complains about a purchase of The Blue Train memento from the on-board Boutique Shop before the destination station is reached, a replacement would be offered. Should the exact replacement not be available, a similar product to the same value would be offered as replacement.
Guests who buy jewellery from The Boutique Shop are welcome to report any concerns to the Train Manager before the end of the journey. The matter will then be discussed with The Boutique Shop Manager for immediate remedial action. Should a claim not be resolved before the end of the journey, The Blue Train will within 7 days give a response to the guest in writing. For any claims arising after the guest has disembarked from the train, the guest will be allowed 30 days within which they can forward their complaint/concern in writing to the Brand Marketing Communications Manager of The Blue Train. A response would be furnished to the guests within 7 working days of receipt of the complaint/concern. Where guests insist on returning the goods they will be held responsible for the costs of returning such to The Blue Train after which a refund will be effected to the guests.
These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended or waivered unless this is done in writing and signed by The Blue Train Account Executive in person.
These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to and construed in terms of South African Law and South African courts shall have sole jurisdiction in all matters pertaining to this contract. The conditions will be deemed to have been accepted and will be in force upon confirmation of the booking.
For days on the train dress is smart casual. Dinner on board The Blue Train is an elegant affair. Evening attire – for the gentlemen a jacket and tie is a minimum requirement while for ladies we suggest cocktail/evening wear.
18 SPECIAL OCCASIONS
We would like to celebrate your special occasion with you. Please advise us of any special occasion, birthday, anniversary or other event whilst on board the train.
GENERAL BOOKING INFORMATION
Please note that Travels at Leisure (PTY) Ltd are Agents for The Blue Train and are bound by the Terms and Conditions of The Blue Train.
HOW TO BOOK
Upon receipt of a completed and signed Reservation Form, Travels at Leisure Pty Ltd will confirm the guests booking, subject to availability, with The Blue Train and provide its guests with a booking confirmation number.
Please ensure that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of this document for all travel on The Blue Train.
Whether the passenger returns a signed copy of these conditions or not, the conditions will be deemed to have been accepted and will be in force upon confirmation of the booking.
I, or we _____________________________________________________________________ have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions above.
Date of trip: ________________________________